torturing teaching our 4 year old. Letters. The only reason she cooperates is because she gets to watch a cartoon after the lesson. We made it through all the capital letters and despaired when we realized that there are 26 more letters after that. The lower case ones.
So we skipped those. We didn’t have the heart for it.
Instead we went to sounds of letters, which has been equally terrible, but at least different. We like to mix up our torture schedule around here.
When I started making this quiche I made the genius decision to put some pleasure back into learning. I rummaged around in the fridge and found:
(And how could this quiche not be totally delicious?)
When I told Amaya that everything in the quiche started with ‘B’ and everything started with the sound “buh”, she said, “Yeah! It starts with B!” Then she asked me what letter is for “Eggs”. And “Cheese.”
Yikes. Those letters are pretty tricky. At least she ate all her dinner.
Crustless 3 Bs Quiche
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 C broccoli florets
- 1/3 lb brie cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 C cream
- 1/2 t salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- a pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook bacon in saute pan or microwave according to directions. Chop into 1/4” pieces. Blanch and drain broccoli florets. Slice brie cheese into thin slices (remove rind if you wish).
- Spray a 9 inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange brie at the bottom of the pan, slices flat, and spread broccoli and bacon pieces and garlic on top of that.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour over fillings in the pan.
- Bake until set, about 30 minutes. The quiche will have a slightly golden top and not jiggle.