- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2/3 c. shortening
- Mix ingredients together.
- Knead and add flour until the dough is not sticky.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter for the shape.
- Put on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take them out of pan and put on cooling rack while they are hot.
I'm over sugar and the Holidays aren't even over. It's not so much that I am over sugar as I am over my son eating sugar. That kid could eat sugar all day long.
So instead of cookies I made some biscuits, still sweet but not too bad. I had mine with Jam but he was fine having his plain.
Hope your Christmas is sweet (with or without sugar).