Paleo and me, we’ve been flirting lately.
I’ll go home with some cookies, and then wake up to grain-free muffins.
I always measure by the standards of my first food marriage, which was not grain free. So if the muffins I make taste as good as the real deal muffins, then they’re worth my time. Don’t waste your time on anything else. You’re far too valuable for hockey puck muffins, and who cares if they promise fancy things like macronutrients.
These are real deal muffins. The kind that will raise your children. Amaya ate three after breakfast.
Blueberry and Lime Muffins
makes 9 muffins-- Prep time: 25 min
- 1/2 C Coconut Sugar (you can substitute with regular sugar, if you like)
- 1 C almond flour
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C almond milk
- lime zest from one small lime (about 1 1/2 tsp)
- 3/4 C blueberries
- Prepare a muffin tin by greasing the cups or lining with paper cups. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut sugar, flours, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, almond milk, and lime zest. Mix with a whisk. It will be very thick.
- Fold in the blueberries with a spatula. Divide the batter into 9 muffin tins. I used an ice cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. You’ll see that the muffins have firmed up and have just slight browning around the edges and tops. Serve while hot