My friend Pam has a salad on her table every night, and more often than not it’s dressed with her special homemade sauce. I’d drink the stuff if no one was looking.
I really dislike store bought dressing. I keep one bottle in my fridge for emergencies, but generally I’d prefer to pour it down the sink than in my salad bowl. I try to pilfer Pam’s dressing when I can but now I finally can make a bottle of my own. The last time I made it I didn’t have orange juice concentrate, so I improvised with some Lilikoi. I went to salad dressing heaven.
Thanks to OXO, I now have a salad dressing shaker in the fridge at all times.
My favorite, truly functional features:
1) Flip top lid, no drips with a tight seal. Plus a spout that ensures you don’t have salad dressing dripping over the side.
2) Liquid measurement tick marks
3) Screw top, so you can clean it easily.
I love it. And now you can have one too.
OXO sent me an extra salad dressing shaker so I can pass it on to you.
You can get up to two extra entries for tweeting and/or following this blog.
Passionfruit Dressing (Lilikoi Dressing) (slightly adapted from Pammy’s recipe)
- 2/3 Cup olive oil
- scant 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp no salt seasoning
- salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp lilikoi puree
- 1/2 tsp honey or more to taste (I like mine sweeter)
- 1 Tbsp water
- pinch of dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard (not Grey Poupon)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Whisk or shake all ingredients together until uniform. You may need to shake again before serving.
- Tip: If your dressing gets very cold, it may separate or be difficult to pour. Wait until it warms to room temperature again, or put it in the microwave for a few seconds and shake.
OXO sent me this product for free. All opinions are my own.