These are like mozzarella sticks only shaped like a ball.
A couple weeks ago we found ourselves with more fresh mozzarella than we knew what to do with. We made pizza a couple times, we put it in soup, and then we decided to fry them up.
Fresh mozzarella is awesome but my son was kind of grossed out by the wetness and didn't want anything to do with them fresh. Frying them up took them to a whole new level of deliciousness (like most things fried).
From start to finish (minus the frying part) my son was able to help me make these.
- First put while flour on a cup and have your child roll the freshh moszzarella in it to coat with flour.
- Then whisk together 2 eggs with a tablespoon of milk and coat the floured mozzarella with the egg mixture
- Next have your child roll the mozzarella on breadcrumbs. I normally have italian seasoned breadcumps around but this time I didn't. I just added 1 cup of bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning and some garlic salt. I mixed that all together in a shallow pan and had him room the mozzarella around.
- I fried them up in hot oil very quickly, just to toast the breadcrumbs on the outside.
- He liked his with ketchup. I like mine plain. Anyway you have it it's totally good.